Are you handy around the house? You can make a world of difference to older adults in our community!
Lots of older adults want to live independently in their own homes, and need just a little help keeping their homes safe and comfortable.
If you can:
- Patch drywall
- Replace showerheads
- Repair leaky faucets
- Grout and caulk
- Assemble furniture
- Change lightbulbs
- Hang pictures
- Replace smoke detector batteries
Then you can help older adults age safely in the comfort of their own homes!
As a volunteer handyman (or woman!) for Help@Home, you can help older adults continue to live independently. No matter your experience, you have skills that can make a real difference in the life of an older adult – from repairing doorbells to hanging window shades, there is a place for handy volunteers at any skill level.
Here are just a few reasons why you will love volunteering with Help@Home:
- Choose when, where, and who you work for
- Flexible commitment – as little as an hour a month!
- Put your skills and expertise to good use
- Receive mileage reimbursement
- You’ll help strengthen the community
- Most importantly, you’ll be providing a tangible service to older adults in our community
If becoming a Help@Home volunteer sounds like a good fit for you, or for more information contact Volunteer Engagement at (913)730-1410 or email@example.com.
Start the volunteer application process online here.