Become a Volunteer Driver, and give so much more than just a ride.
Older adults in our community who are no longer able to drive need your help! Become a volunteer driver for our JET Express program, and provide older adults with rides to medical appointments, hair salons, grocery stores, volunteer opportunities, anywhere that keeps older adults healthy, active, and independent. Giving rides keeps older adults safe and gives a valuable sense of community and independence.
Volunteering is easy and fun! Here are a few reasons why you’ll love driving for JET Express:
- Choose when you drive, where you drive, and who you drive!
- Flexible commitment – drive as little as once a month!
- Easily choose your rides online.
- Receive mileage reimbursement.
- We provide secondary auto insurance.
- You’ll help strengthen the community.
- You will directly impact the lives of older adults in our community.
JET Express Volunteer Requirements:
- Age 21+
- Pass a background check and Motor Vehicle Report
- Volunteers over the age of 75 must get a physician’s statement on an annual basis*
- Volunteers over the age of 80 must get a physician’s statement on an annual basis and have a driving assessment done at the volunteer’s cost*
*Please contact the JFS Volunteer Engagement with questions.
If becoming a volunteer driver sounds like a good fit for you, or for more information contact Volunteer Engagement at (913)730-1410 or email@example.com.
Start the volunteer application process online here.
Interested in other ways you can help? Click here for other volunteer opportunities!